As wildfires continue to move across the western portion of our state, AARP Oklahoma stands in solidarity with our friends and neighbors impacted, as well as the first responders working tirelessly to fight the fires.
Now is the time for Oklahomans to band together to support those impacted. The following resources have been compiled so that you can stay up-to-date on the latest news and aid relief requests.
- News9 - provides an up-to-date collection of links for donation opportunities
- Oklahoma Department of Agriculture Food and Forestry - provides information on how to help with wildfire relief and information on organizations collecting financial donations
- Oklahoma State Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources - provides timely updates on disaster relief resources, including the need for fencing supplies, hay, supplemental livestock feed, and milk replacer for calves that lost their mothers. The page also includes disaster assistance resources, tips on how to protect your home and other structures, and more.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency - provides resources to farmers and ranchers on disaster assistance programs that available to support wildfire recovery efforts
- Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management - provides real-time situation updates, counties under a burn ban and information on counties included in the 'state of emergency' declaration by Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin
- The Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma - provides updates on accepting donations to assist with long-term wildfire recovery across central and western Oklahoma; site also includes area organizations accepting financial donations
- American Red Cross Oklahoma - provides information on upcoming area blood drives, as well as Red Cross outreach/case work service resources in the impacted areas
- Northwest Oklahoma DAV - Chapter 66 - provides resources for Veterans that have been affected by the wildfires in western and northwestern Oklahoma; veterans should contact the DAV office at (580) 242-3808