When you complete the Census, you help ensure that our community counts. It helps bring in federal funds directly to programs that benefit you, your family, and your community.
For example, the information from the Census helps:
- Determine funding for public transportation and roads in the District of Columbia.
- Uncover health disparities in our community and ensure future policies and funding decisions address these disparities.
Volunteers can play an important role in amplifying the importance of completing the 2020 Census.
Once you’ve completed the Census, you can help get the word out to your family, friends and neighbors! Let them know that there are three ways to complete the Census: online at 2020census.gov, by phone at 1-844-330-2020 or by mail (no postage required). These options are available to everyone.
You can also:
- Share Census messages through social media, community listservs, texts, and emails.
- Make calls to remind everyone how important completing the Census is for DC. Let people know how critical accurate data will be for post- Covid-19 recovery efforts and funding.
- Tell everyone about the three easy ways to complete the 2020 Census.
District residents are keeping their families and communities safe and healthy by staying home or serving the public by providing essential services. Responding to the Census is another way to do your part to help keep our community strong and safe.
If you would like to lead a virtual training about the 2020 Census, please contact Emily Pickren at firstname.lastname@example.org.