Join us every other Tuesday on Facebook Live for Back to Basics Health & Wellness webinars with Coach SheriAnne.
On Tuesday, June 7, Coach SheriAnne discussed some of her go-to healthy dinners -- the recipes for which are below:
Baked Salmon with Asparagus and Wild Rice
1. Place the salmon in a baking dish.
2. Cover with 2 Tbsp of butter and favorite seafood seasoning and drizzle fresh lemon juice over the top.. I cooked the asparagus with the salmon in the dish.
3. Cook 25 min at 250 degrees.
4. Served with a wild rice blend.
Mexican Chicken Stew - Instapot
1. Place 2 lbs of chicken in your Instapot with:
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 stalks of celery chopped
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 1/2 cup of corn
- 1 can of Black Beans
- 1 - 4oz can of green chilies
2. Set Instapot to 30 min on soup setting, allow it to naturally decompress. Pull the chicken out and shred it and add back.
3. Serve with shredded cheese, a dollop of sr. cream (or greek yogurt), avocado slices, and tortilla chips.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 ribs of celery chopped thinly
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 14.5 ounce cans petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons concentrated tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 cup shredded fontina cheese or monterey jack cheese
2. Brown the ground beef in a large fry pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until cooked almost through. Add the corn, chopped celery, onion, and garlic, and cook until vegetables are softened. Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Season with kosher salt and ground pepper to taste and cook for 15-20 minutes. Stir in cooked rice and chopped parsley and cook for another 5 minutes or until the rice is warmed through.
3. Cut the tops off of the peppers to stuff the whole thing with beefy goodness. If you prefer smaller portions, as we do, cut the peppers in half and serve open-faced.
4. Put the meat goodness in the peppers, top with cheese and cook for 25 min in the oven.
5. Serve with a small green salad.
1. Mixed greens topped with at least 4 different kinds of vegetables, I chose radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots, and avocadoes.
2. Add about 1 cup of cooked taco meat, top with cheese, and your favorite dressing or salsa. Add a few tortilla chips for crunch.
3. I typically cook 2 pounds of ground beef with taco seasoning ahead of time and add to salads when desired.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 med onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked rice
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 - 4oz can of green chilies
2. Saute onion and garlic. Add long-grain rice or jasmine rice, a can of Black Beans, corn, tomatoes, and green chilies. Heat through.
3. In the meantime, cut 3 zucchinis in half long ways, core out the inside. drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Fill with the mixture, sprinkle with cheese. Place in the oven for 15 -20 min.
4. Serve with a small green salad if you'd like.