Check out No Copay Radio* for the latest from the 9Health Fair and the Tri-County Health Department. See summary and get links to the show below:
Dr. John Douglas is the Executive Director of the Tri-County Health Department (TCHD) in Colorado, which serves Adams, Arapahoe, and Douglas Counties and is the largest local health department in Colorado.
Prior to joining TCHD, Dr. Douglas served as Director of the Division of STD Prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); and Chief Medical Officer of the National Center for HIV, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention at CDC.
John brings us up to date regarding the status of COVID-19 in Colorado.
Gary Drews has been the CEO of 9 Health since in 2017.
Previously, Gary served as the interim CEO and Executive Director of Connect for Health Colorado, the state’s health insurance exchange. He was also the Chief Financial Officer and Vice President, Finance, Investments & Graduate Medical Education for the Colorado Health Foundation from 2006-2013.
Gary answers many questions from Murf and Jayla:
- The 9 Health Fairs had to be postponed this spring due to Covid-19. What has 9Health been able to provide during this time?
- What is the Covid Discovery Kit?
- People are avoiding all kinds of care during this time. What kind of problems could this create?
- Tell us about your partnership with the Area Agency on Aging in the Lower Arkansas Valley.
- What are your plans to move forward this fall?
- Your Health Education efforts have ramped up during this time. Tell us what you have been doing?
If you have questions or need services, Jayla urges you to contact the Area Agency on Aging. They will try to answer your questions and help you through your challenges. Please call 303-480-6700 to speak with one of Jayla’s staff.
Thanks for listening to No Copay Radio! You can hear all of our past No Copay Radio broadcasts on www.nocopayradio.com. We also have a Facebook page at No Copay Radio. Please email us at email@example.com for any questions, comments, or recommendations for future topics.
As always, thank you to our partner, Denver Regional Council of Governments Area Agency on Aging. You can reach the Area Agency on Aging at (303) 480-6700 or at www.drcog.networkofcare.org. Our past broadcasts are also available on the Network of Care website.