Annual Award Recognizes Those Who Make a Powerful Difference in their Community
AARP is now accepting nominations for its 2021 Idaho Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors Idahoans age 50 and over who are sharing their experience, talent, and skills to enrich the lives of their community members. Read more about the work of Ethel Percy Andrus.
“AARP is excited to shine a light on 50+ Idahoans who are using what they’ve learned in life to significantly help others,” explained Pam Root, AARP Idaho senior operations. “This year’s Idaho Andrus Award recipient will be honored with $2,000 to donate to a non-profit charity of choice. Gini Woodward of Bonners Ferry was the well-deserved recipient of the 2020 Idaho Andrus Award for Community Service.”
Nominations will be evaluated by the AARP Idaho state office based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, reflected AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced in early fall.
AARP Idaho Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominee must be 50 years or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay. Volunteers receiving small stipends to cover the costs associated with the volunteer activity are eligible.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and purpose.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must be replicable and provide inspiration for others to volunteer.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- This is not a posthumous award.
Contact Pam Root with the AARP Idaho office at 208-855-4007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and a nomination form. You can also find online information HERE. The application deadline is July 15, 2021.
View past award recipients 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016