AARP Eye Center
And we are down to two candidates for Chicago mayor! AARP Illinois wants to make sure you have all the information you need to vote in the run-off Chicago Mayoral race April 4.
We also want to raise your voice and the issues important to you.
Here are all the ways you can learn more and get engaged:
- Our AARP IL voter's guide will tell you where, when and how to vote.
- Our video voter guides have each of the candidates answering the issue questions important to older adults.
- Our virtual community forum on 3/28 at 7 p.m. will be a place where you can discuss and learn more about the issues important to you in this race. Click here to register.
- Our Telephone Town Halls with each of the run-off Mayoral candidates is an opportunity for you to ask your question directly to the candidates and hear the questions of other older adults.
Telephone Town Hall with Brandon Johnson
3/23 at 12:00 p.m.
Telephone Town Hall with Paul Vallas
3/25 at 2:45 p.m.
Call 1-866-495-1089 to join call or view it on Facebook.com/AARPIL
- On 3/21 at 7 p.m., watch WGN-TV or listen to WGN Radio to hear the AARP IL/WGN Chicago Mayoral Debate between the final two candidates.
At AARP Illinois, we hear you. We hear that the top issues for you in this election are community safety, essential services and affordability.
And we are raising your voice to hold the next Mayor of Chicago accountable to older voters.
AARP Chicago is a nonprofit non-partisan organization that advocates for 250,000 members in the city and all Chicagoans 50+.
We're committed to making sure that all Chicago voters to feel informed and safe voting in the upcoming election. We've built this page to provide you with everything you need to know about the election, including how, where and when to vote. View our 2023 Chicago Municipal Election voter guides in English, Spanish and Polish below.
Older adults will decide the next Mayor of Chicago. AARP asked Chicago voters 50+ what issues matter most to them ahead of the 2023 Municipal Elections. Read what voters like you said.We’ve heard from people like you that Chicagoans 50+ are worried for their safety, their financial security and their ability to stay in their homes without adequate community supports in place.
We hear you, and we want to hear from you. Share your story with us about what matters most to you and why, and we’ll pass it along to the candidates when we meet with them.
Let AARP Chicago know you commit to making your voice heard in this election. Sign the pledge to be an informed voter in this election.