Are you or someone you know a passionate, strategic thinker with the ability to motivate and inspire others? Do you like to have fun while doing it? If so, now is the time to apply!
AARP Kentucky is accepting applications for State President, AARP’s top volunteer position at the state level. A visionary leader is needed to help shape our outreach and advocacy efforts in Kentucky.
Be a Leader:
- Lead AARP volunteers in Kentucky
- Represent the concerns of more than 450,000 AARP members
- Play a key role in achieving AARP’s vision, mission and strategic priorities in our state
The ideal candidate for these positions:
- Has a record of achievement in either community service or a professional career
- Has knowledge of and a passion for AARP’s priority issues
- Has extensive personal and professional networks
- Is a strong public speaker with the ability to become an organizational spokesperson
- Has the ability to communicate electronically via email and access the Internet to use AARP’s web-based resources
- Serves as Chair of the Executive Council, an all-volunteer panel that advises and helps set strategic direction for the AARP Kentucky office
- Partners with the State Director and works with staff and volunteers to help achieve AARP’s vision, mission and strategic priorities within Kentucky
- Acts as the principal volunteer spokesperson for AARP in Kentucky, communicating AARP’s messages statewide
- Has the opportunity to build networks and partnerships with organizations and key Kentucky decision-makers that will endure long after their term in office
Time commitment is flexible and varies. Some travel is required, both in Kentucky and nationally. Approved travel and other expenses are reimbursed.
The deadline to submit your application is Monday, October 31, 2016 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time – so apply now! We look forward to working with you!