2021 Anrdus Award for Community Service
Nominating a volunteer is easy! If you know someone age 50 or older who embodies the true definition of volunteerism, honor him or her with a nomination today! Learn more and make your nomination, HERE.
Show your appreciation by nominating them for the Andrus Award for Community Service. The annual award is AARP's most prestigious and visible volunteer award. It recognizes individuals who are sharing their experience, talent, and skills to enrich their communities in ways that are consistent with AARP's purpose, vision, and commitment to volunteer service, and that inspire others to volunteer. The award recipient will receive $1,000 to donate to the nonprofit organization of their choice.
Nominees for the AARP State Andrus Award for Community Service must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominees must be 50 or older
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which nominations are based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay. Volunteers receiving small stipends to cover costs associated with the volunteer activity are eligible.
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which the nominations are based must reflect AARP's vision and purpose (see below).
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which the nominations are based must be replicable and inspire others to serve.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- The recipient must live in the awarding state.
- This is not a posthumous award.
Official Nomination Period: May 1 - July 15, 2021
Nominating a volunteer is simple! If you know a Kentuckian age 50 or older who embodies the true definition of volunteerism, honor him or her with a nomination today! Only one volunteer per state (or couple performing service together) can receive the Award.
Download/Share/Printable Flyer and Form
Ready to recognize that special volunteer? Nominate them and learn more at AARP.org/AndrusAward.
Download a printable/fillable 2021 Andrus Award Nomination Form (PDF), HERE
Download and share the 2021 Andrus Award Flyer with your organization, friends, and family, HERE: