AARP Veterans & Military Families COVID-19 Tele-Town Hall
AARP is hosting a National Tele-Town Hall with special guests on Thursday, May 14, 1:00pm-2:30 p.m. EST focusing on Veterans, Military Families and the Coronavirus. Call toll-free 1-855-274-9507 to ask questions and hear special guests from the Department of Veterans Affairs, Elizabeth Dole Foundation, local workforce and financial services sectors, discuss:
- Accessing benefits and health services through the VA or general health care providers.
- Caring for loved ones, including coordinating supports and back-up care, and how to stay connected to loved ones who are in VA long term care systems.
- Understanding and managing income and finances including employment and small businesses, additional resources from the recent economic stimulus and accessing and veteran’s benefits.
- Providing resources to help cope, including managing their well-being, staying sharp, managing stress, anxiety, and other adverse effects of physical distancing.
· Dr. Lynda Davis, Chief Veterans Experience Officer, Department of Veterans Affairs (VA);
· Ms. Rashi Venkataraman Romanoff, Vice President for Programs & Partnerships, Elizabeth Dole Foundation; and,
· Mr. Charlie Koon, Vice President for Corporate & Military Business Development, F&M Bank, Clarksville, TN/Ft. Campbell, KY
To join the conversation with your questions and hear the latest news, tips, and resources to support Veterans & Military Families:
Call toll-free 1-855-274-9507 – Thursday, May 14 between 1:00pm-2:30pm EST
AARP has more resources for Veterans, their families and former Military available, here: www.aarp.org/veterans
For questions about COVID-19 and how it affects VA health care and benefit services, visit U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs coronavirus FAQs or read VA’s public health response.