Register to receive the listening link and e-mail reminders to tune in.
As part of its ongoing fight against fraud and identity theft, AARP Montana is collaborating with Montana radio broadcasting powerhouse, Northern Broadcasting, to protect Montanans from fraud and scams.
On the first Friday of every-other month, Montanans are invited to tune in to the Voices of Montana program for the Fraud Watch Friday Show. The Voices of Montana show airs on local radio stations in communities across the state.
Register below to receive an e-mail reminder about upcoming Fraud Watch Friday shows!
Register to receive an email reminder and the listening link from AARP Montana for the next Fraud Watch Friday episode.
● Friday, June 3, 2022 @ 9:06 AM. In case you missed it, listen here >>
● Friday, August 5, 2022 @ 9:06 AM. REGISTER HERE >>
“Year after year, our surveys consistently reveal a top concern among Montanans 50-plus is avoiding fraud, scams and financial exploitation,” said Tim Summers, AARP Montana State Director. “This is why we are working with Northern Broadcasting to bring Montanans consumer protection information delivered by the experts.”
Each episode, Fraud Watch Friday host Tom Schultz presents a dynamic and informative show. AARP Montana State President and fraud expert, Al Ward joins Tom in the studio. Together, they’re the “Fraud Squad” bringing listeners interviews with subject matter experts including regulators, Montana law enforcement and crime experts on how consumers can protect themselves from frauds and scams.
Listeners will receive the latest scam news, and advice from experts. They will find out about the tricks and techniques used by cyber criminals and learn what to do if they do become a victim and where they can turn for help.
“It’s estimated that fraud and scams costs older Americans as much as $36 billion per year,” concluded Summers. “Information is a consumer’s best defense. The Fraud Watch Friday Show is a great opportunity for folks to have their questions answered by experts and learn strategies that will help them from becoming victims.”
The discussion is interactive. Listeners can call into the show at 866-627-5483 or text 781-627-5483 to pose their questions to the experts.
If Montanans can’t catch the show on their local station or if they want to listen on their own time, there’s a great way to do it -- listen to the podcasts online at voicesofmontana.com or listen on channels where podcasts are received.
Fraud Watch Friday Show Details:
What: The Fraud Watch Friday Show
When: First Friday of every-other month at 9:06 a.m. to 9:58 a.m.
Where: Your local Northern Broadcasting affiliate or voicesofmontana.com
Download Tip Sheets and Important Consumer Protection Contact Sheet
- Important Consumer Protection Contacts for Montanans
- Tip Sheet: Scams Targeting Veterans
- Tip Sheet: Healthcare Fraud and Scams
- Tip Sheet: Elder Exploitation
- Tip Sheet: Utility Scams
- Tip Sheet: Cyber Security
- Tip Sheet: Imposter Scams
Listen to some of our previous Fraud Watch Friday shows:
- June 3, 2022 -- Scams Targeting Veterans with Troy Broussard: Listen>>
- April 1, 2022 -- Healthcare Fraud and Scams with Renee Labrie-Shanks: Listen >>
- February 4, 2022 -- Elder Exploitation with AARP Fraud Ambassador Paul Greenwood: Listen>>
- December 10, 2021 -- Utility Scams with Jo Dee Black, NorthWestern Energy: Listen >>
- November 5, 2021 -- Holiday Scams with Chuck Harwood, Regional Director of the FTC: Listen >>
- October 1, 2021 - Cybersecurity with FBI Special Agent Casey Harrington: Listen >>
- September 3, 2021 -- Virtual Romancing, Kidnapping & Scamming with FBI Special Agent Drew Scown. Listen >>
- August 6, 2021 -- Elder Abuse in Indian Country with Dr. Jacque Gray. Listen >>
- May 1, 2020 -- Cornavirus Economic Impact Payment scams with special guest Paul Harper, local Taxpayer Advocate. Listen >>
- April 3, 2020 -- COVID-19 "Scamdemics" with special guest, Laureen France with the FTC. Listen >>
- March 6, 2020 -- Tax Scams with special guest Paul Harper, local Taxpayer Advocate. Listen >>