Stay One Step Ahead of the Scammers. Sign up for your free Consumer Protection Kit today!
AARP Montana is offering a free consumer protection kit which includes the following:
- The Con Artists' Playbook
- Guide to Stopping Robo-Scammers
- Watchdog Alert Handbook
- RFID credit card sleeve to protect you credit card information
- Register here and we will mail a kit to you >>
Important Montana Consumer Protection Contact Information >>
AARP collaborates with several Montana State Agencies to combat fraud and financial exploitation.
- Click here for a downloadable resource sheet of important Montana consumer protection phone numbers and web sites.
The AARP Fraud Watch Network
The AARP Fraud Watch Network is a free resource for all. With AARP as your partner, you’ll learn how to proactively spot scams, get guidance from our fraud specialists if you’ve been targeted, and feel more secure knowing that we advocate at the federal, state, and local levels to protect consumers and enforce the law. Protecting consumers goes back to AARP’s founding. Learn more about our history.
AARP Fraud Prevention Resources:
- Look up a scam in AARP’s Fraud Resource Center, with dozens of tip sheets on how to recognize and avoid common scams, including videos that break down how scams work.
- See or report scams in your area with our Scam-Tracking Map.
- Get regular updates on the latest scams by signing up for biweekly Watchdog Alerts or text FWN to 50757 to receive text alerts.
- Hear directly from fraud experts at one of our webinars, tele-town halls or live events in communities around the country.
- Hear stories of real scams on our award-winning podcast, The Perfect Scam. Explore fraud from the viewpoint of victims, law enforcement and the con artists themselves.
- Get social with the AARP Fraud Watch Network on Facebook and Twitter, where you’ll also have access to online events. You can also connect with others on the Scams & Fraud channel in AARP’s online community.
- Find out if your financial organization has received the AARP BankSafe training to fight financial exploitation at aarp.org/banksafe.
- Learn more at: www.aarp.org/FraudWatchNetwork
- Preventing financial exploitation
- Empowering family caregivers
- Helping those with dementia
- Making banking tools and environments easier to access
With the average victim losing $120,000, prevention of financial exploitation is critical to AARP’s mission to empower people to choose how they live as they age. BankSafe meets this need by conducting research into consumer insights, facilitating partnerships between the aging network and the financial industry, and developing the innovative BankSafe training platform to help financial professionals identify and stop suspected exploitation.
Join Northern Broadcasting and AARP Montana for Fraud Watch Friday!
We are collaborating with radio broadcasting powerhouse, Northern Broadcasting, to protect Montanans from fraud & scams. Click here to find out more about the Fraud Watch Friday Show >>