AARP Eye Center
Montana communities are getting a boost from AARP to enhance parks and outdoor areas.
AARP Community Challenge grants totaling more than $80,000 were awarded to five entities in the state for “quick action” projects to be finished by Nov. 30.
They’re part of AARP’s nationwide Livable Communities initiatives to improve public places, housing, transportation, community health and civic engagement. Montana’s recipients are:
- Arlee Community Development Corp., for picnic tables at its Garden for Life.
- City of Billings, for the Adult Resource Alliance to install signs at Lillis Park encouraging exercise.
- Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes, for day-use areas on the Bison Range, north of Missoula.
- City of Hamilton, for safety-enhancing traffic circles.
- Headwaters Trail System, for exercise equipment at Edwin Bellach Memorial Park, located in Three Forks.