AARP Eye Center
Editor's note: The AARP national page link indicates a July 15 nomination deadline. AARP Oklahoma has extended its local deadline to Aug. 2 and the nomination form link will be valid through this date. Link to nomination form HERE.
AARP is now accepting nominations for its 2019 Oklahoma Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors 50+ Oklahomans who are sharing their experience, talent, and skills to enrich the lives of their community members.
"AARP Oklahoma is excited to shine a light on 50+ Oklahomans who are using what they’ve learned in life to make a difference in the lives around them,” said Sean Voskuhl, AARP Oklahoma state director.
Nominations will be evaluated by AARP Oklahoma based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, supported AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers.
Nominations for this year’s award will be accepted through August 2, 2019. The award recipient will be announced in early fall.
AARP Oklahoma Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominee must be 50 years or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and purpose.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must be replicable and provide inspiration for others to volunteer.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- This is not a posthumous award.
Nomination forms are available by contacting Mashell Sourjohn, email@example.com, 405-715-4474, or on the web HERE.
The AARP Andrus Award for Community Service is an annual awards program developed to honor individuals whose service is a unique and valuable contribution to society. Last year, AARP recognized 50 outstanding individuals and couples from around the country.