AARP Eye Center
Pennsylvania received five AARP Community Challenge grants this year. The winners:
- The borough of Quarryville, for a mural at Huffnagle Park
- Mount Airy Community Development Corp., in Philadelphia, for a “Senior Entrepreneur” program helping older Pennsylvanians with their business development projects
- The Kennett Square Revitalization Task Force, to beautify State Street while allowing all residents to safely social distance
- Penn State University, in State College, to develop a digital tool kit that communities can use during the pandemic
- Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission, in Philadelphia, to create a to-go meal service that offers contact-free food for the homeless during the pandemic
To learn more, go to aarp.org/CommunityChallenge.