NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- BRIEF OVERVIEW: The AARP Livable Communities Network Award (“Promotion”) takes place between February 17 at 9:00am EST and February 28 at 11:59pm EST (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of an award in which community organizations will be recognized for their work creating Livable Communities for adults aged 50 and over. AARP Network of Livable Communities encourages states, cities, towns and counties to prepare for the rapid aging of the US population by paying increased attention to the environmental, economic and social factors that influence the health and well-being of older adults. By doing so, these communities are better equipped to become great places, and even lifelong homes, for people of all ages. To this end, AARP Pennsylvania is seeking applications from community organizations that are doing Livable Communities work in Philadelphia County focusing the area(s) of transportation, housing, or civic engagement to enhance mobility, accessibility and safety for Philadelphians. More specific details are stated below.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to all companies located and doing business in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania. AARP (also referred to as “Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies, and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sponsor & Others”), all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, supply to or printing of this Promotion, and companies where AARP officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and immediate families, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings) serve as officers, directors, or employees are not eligible to win.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE/SELECTION OF WINNER/PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING:
- AARP Livable Communities Network Award: There will be a total of three (3) Prizes awarded to Selected Winners. To enter the Prize Contest, applicants should submit a proposal explaining the work being done to foster Livable Communities in Philadelphia, in the field of housing, civic engagement, or transportation. Submissions should be sent via email to email@example.com, and should include “Livable Communities Award Recognition” in the subject line. Applications must be received by February 28, 2017 at 11:59pm EST; Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones. Upon submission of the completed application, each entrant will be entered into the Prize Contest. Only one (1) entry per organization. Applications should be no more than five (5) pages in length, in at least 12-point Times New Roman font with 1 inch margins, and should contain the following components:
- Cover Page;
- Background and Statement of Purpose;
- Project Goals and Objectives;
- Expected community outcomes and educational benefits benefitting the 50+ population and all ages;
- Description of experience in planning, building, and implementing the Livable Communities project;
- Best practices implementation for other local communities;
- Project management methodology; and
- Applicable presentations, publications, or pictures.
- Selection of Award Winner (“Selected Winner(s)”): On or around March 1, 2017 at approximately 5:00pm EST, three (3) winners will be selected by a panel of three (3) Judges, appointed by AARP. Winners will be selected from all entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Judges will evaluate entrants based on the following criteria:
- Impact (20%): AARP defines a livable community as one that allows people of all ages to make their town, city or neighborhood a lifelong home. This includes providing affordable, appropriate housing; adequate transportation, and opportunities for staying connected through civic engagement. A Livable Community program promotes positive impact for their town or city. This includes improving the health and well-being of older adults, businesses, local organizations, and local governments by nurturing the economic and environmental health of the community.
- Multigenerational Approach (30%): Livable communities are built to address the needs of all ages. AARP will give priority to initiatives that break down age-segregated barriers. This could include, but is not limited to, multigenerational writing programs, child/adult care, yoga club, community gardens, or providing access to green space (parks; open space) in neighborhoods.
- Aging in Place (30%): Older adults want to stay in their homes and neighborhood. AARP will evaluate the extent to which programs allow people to age in place, be it in their homes or neighborhoods. Included in this category is the concept of Universal Design- the practice of making minor changes to the design of a home that can have a major impact on its livability. Its adapted homes appeal to homebuyers of all ages who may, for example, have a temporary disability or have older family members living with them.
- Workforce/Civic Engagement (20%): AARP seeks to award a community program or initiative that leverages the talent and experience of older adults. This could include, but is not limited to, mentoring programs, job preparedness programs, volunteerism, or internships.
In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged based on the same criteria listed above and a Winner will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants agree to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Award of a prize to any winner will be subject to verification of that winner’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
- Prizes: Each Selected Winner will receive $3,333.33 to award the organization for their Livable Communities work. Limit: Only one (1) prize per organization. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received, and the Judge’s evaluation of said entries.
- Notification: Winners will be notified via email and phone on or about March 2, 2017 using the email and phone number provided on the entry form. Winners must email firstname.lastname@example.org within five (5) days of notification to accept the prize. The return of any prize notification message or document as undeliverable or the failure to timely accept the prize will result in disqualification of the applicable winner, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize and the selection of a substitute winner with the next highest score. Winners will be announced during the Philadelphia Horticultural Society (PHS) Philadelphia Flower Show on Saturday, March 18, 2017 on or about 10:00am. A representative from the winning organization must be present at this event to win and claim prize. If the winning organization is unable to attend, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will select an alternate winner with the next highest score. Winners will receive the Prize via email within 5 to 10 business days after the day of recognition, March 18, 2017 on or about 10:00am.
Participants need not be an AARP member in order to enter and/or win the Prize Contest. Being an AARP member will not increase your chance or odds of winning.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO GRAND PRIZE RECIPIENT (“PRIZE RECIPIENT”):
Prize Limit: Each organization may only win one (1) Prize throughout the Promotion Period. Prizes are not transferable or substitutable except by Sponsor with one of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for any Prize Recipient’s inability to utilize her/his prize. All federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Prize Recipient. Additionally, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Winner of a Grand Prize may result from any of the following: (a) a potential Winner’s failure, upon request, to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of eligibility; (b) a potential Winner’s failure to accept or utilize the Grand Prize as provided herein; or (c) any other non-compliance, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, with the Official Rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor & Others are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections; for miscommunications; failed telephone, computer or electronic transmissions; for jumbled, scrambled or misdirected entries or transmissions; for phone, electrical, network, technology or computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or any other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; or for non-receipt of any entry regardless of the cause of it not being properly received by Sponsor. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for illegible, unintelligible, late, lost or stolen entries; for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; or for any technical, printing or human errors which may occur in the receipt, non-receipt or processing of any entries in the Promotion. In no event will Sponsor award more Prizes than are stated in these Official Rules. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and may be subject to prosecution. Any person attempting to enter using multiple email addresses, multiple identities or any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or to interfere with the proper play of the Promotion will be disqualified from participation in the Promotion. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, the Promotion is compromised by viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which or may corrupt the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, discontinue, suspend or terminate the Promotion and proceed to select potential Winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable.
SPONSOR & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- PUBLICITY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: By accepting a prize, each Prize Recipient agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designees a royalty-free, perpetual, nonexclusive license to use the winning organizations’ corporate logo and name, and the perpetual right to use the accepting representative’s name, biographical information, photos, videos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes in connection with this contest, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
Entrants grant the Sponsor all rights of ownership, reproduction, and use of entries for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, display, copyright, create derivative works or otherwise exploit entries, for commercial or non-commercial use, and without compensation to the Entrant. By entering the Contest, each Entrant waives any and all rights he or she may have to his or her Entry. To the extent Entrant has any rights in the Entry; Entrants assigns all such rights to the Sponsor by entering the Contest.
- GOVERNING LAW: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of Washington, DC.
- RELEASE: By participating, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor & Others from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion, or arising out of the receipt, use or misuse, or enjoyment of any Prize.
- GENERAL: By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to abide and to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Void outside of the fifty (50) United States/District of Columbia and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- WINNER’S list: To obtain the names of the Prize Winners, send a properly stamped, self-addressed envelope, by April 1, 2017, to AARP Winner’s List, 1650 Market Street Suite 675 Philadelphia, PA 19103.
SPONSOR: AARP, 601 E. Street NW, Washington, DC 20049
© 2016 AARP AARP is a trademark of AARP Non-Profit Corporation, D.C. These Official Rules may not be reproduced or reprinted in part or in their entirety without the express prior written permission of AARP.