Are you or someone you know:
- Worried about eviction or already lost your home?
- Having financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- In need of in-person help to apply for relief?
The SC Stay Plus program is a $272 million federally funded program designed to help renters in 39 South Carolina counties stay safely in their homes during the COVID-19 pandemic.
They provide payments directly to landlords and utility companies to bring you current. You can receive up to 12 months back rent plus 3 months of future rental assistance to bring you current. If you are out of your home, you could receive relocation assistance for moving costs, hotel/motel expenses and move-in costs. Unplanned fees and legal fees are also covered by the program.
You can apply in person with assistance from a volunteer.
September 18th; 9:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
First Baptist Church Activity Center
161 Allen Street
Call 803-255-5594 for an appointment.
Note: Masks and social distancing required.
Tenants should bring:
• A valid ID (domestic or foreign)
• Some record to show lease, lease arrangements or payments to landlord
• Proof of Income (pay stubs, tax documents, etc.)
* In some cases, you can now “self-certify” proof of income.