Content starts here


AARP AARP States South Carolina

Resouces to help find and manage long term care

Most older adults hope or plan to age in place in their own homes or communities. However, changes in their health and physical abilities often create a need to look for alternative housing options.

Whether a person can live independently or needs specialized care, there are options available. Check out the resources below to learn more about the types of facilities available to help navigate care for yourself or loved ones.

Finding Care

Get Care SC (SC Department on Aging)—Searchable directory of providers including assisted living, adult day care, transportation, meals, etc.
Get Care SC.PNG
Find a Facility (SCDHEC)Use this tool to search for any type of assisted living or long-term care facility in the state.  
DHEC Find a Facility.PNG

Reporting Abuses/Concerns

Upset woman

Long Term Care Ombudsman (SC Department on Aging)—You can report abuses/concerns by phone at 1-800-868-9095.

Department of Social Services Portal—You can also report abuse or concerns online here through the DSS portal.

Filing a complaint with DHEC. To file a complaint against a health facility or service regulated by DHEC, submit the Health Facility Complaint Form. If you are unable to submit your health facility complaint online, you can call DHEC at (803) 545-4370 or 1-800-922-6735 and indicate you wish to file a complaint against a health facility or service.

AARP Family Caregiving Resources

    AARP Article.PNG
    Careging Videos.PNG
    • HomeFit Guide—provides ideas and suggestions to make alterations that make aging in place possible.
    HomeFit cover.jpg
    ADU Guide.jpg
      About AARP South Carolina
      Contact information and more from your state office. Learn what we are doing to champion social change and help you live your best life.