AARP is working to ensure you have the resources and tools you need to take charge of your financial future by offering free and unbiased information to help ensure your money lives as long as you do!
AARP believes a secure financial future is all about reaching the personal financial milestones that make sense for you. Whether you are working, planning, saving, or splurging, AARP is here to help you identify and achieve your financial goals!
- AARP Money Map: Get your finances back on track with a personalized action plan.
- AARP Retirement Calculator: Answer a few questions to determine how much money you'll need to retire when - and how - you want.
- Digital Retirement Coach: Start planning for the retirement you want - your future is created by what you do today!
- Money Tools: AARP's online money tools can help you keep track of your finances and plan for big purchases and events such as retirement.
- AARP Interview an Advisor: Feel more confident, informed, and prepared to choose a financial advisor that is right for you.
Social Security Education
AARP is committed to ensuring members have the information they need to make the right Social Security decisions for themselves and their families. You’ve worked hard your whole life and now your money should be working for you - but it can be a confusing process! AARP has answers to all your Social Security questions and tools to help make these big decisions a little bit easier.
- AARP Social Security Resource Center: Find answers to all the most frequently asked Social Security questions.
- Social Security Calculator: Learn when should you apply for benefits and how much you can expect to get.
- Social Security Glossary of Terms: Better understand the names and acronyms of benefits, policies, and procedures.
- What is a "My Social Security" account and how do I sign up? Learn about this free and secure resource from the Social Security Administration.
Navigating Long-Term Care
No one hopes to need long-term care but most of us will at some point. The best time to plan for long-term care is long before you need it. Decide where you see yourself in the future and create a plan that outlines your financial, legal, health, home, and community wishes.
- Long-Term Care Calculator: Compare the costs and types of care available in your community so you better understand your options.
- MyHealthFinder: A healthy future means taking positive steps today to prevent disease and manage chronic conditions.
- AARP HomeFit Guide: Most people want to stay in their home or community as they age. The AARP HomeFit Guide provides lessons, suggestions and practical solutions to help make that dream a reality.
- SD Family Caregiving Resource Guide: Find services and supports in South Dakota to help support you and your loved ones throughout the caregiving journey.
- Advance Directive Forms: Get all your documents in a row. Give your loved ones clear instructions about what you want them to do, should you need them to act for you.
Scammers steal billions of dollars from unsuspecting consumers every year. The impact on victims and their families can be financially and emotionally devastating, especially for older Americans. The AARP Fraud Watch Network is working to empower consumers to spot and avoid scams, and to provide support and guidance to victims and their families when fraud happens.
- AARP’s Fraud Watch Network Helpline (877-908-3360): Have you or a loved one been targeted by a scam? Get the help and support you need from trained fraud specialists you can trust, free of judgment.
- Watchdog Alerts: Sign up for biweekly alerts to get information and resources related to the latest scams delivered right to your email inbox.
- Scam Tracking Map: No matter where you live, fraud is never far away. Protect yourself and others by reporting a scam, or searching for existing scams near you.
- Fraud Resource Center: Learn how to spot and avoid common scams to help keep your home and community safer.