Become a part of the safe driving solution in your community! Join more than 5,000 AARP Driver Safety volunteers nationwide teaching and organizing the award-winning AARP Smart Driver™ classroom course curriculum.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Organize and teach classroom courses at locations in your community, e.g. hospitals, libraries, community centers, etc.
- Get all the training and tools you need to make your volunteer experience the best it can be!
- Be part of a local Driver Safety community of dedicated volunteers!
- Have fun and feel good knowing you’re making a difference in your community!
Impact of Volunteering
- Over 16 million Smart Drivers to date have taken the AARP Smart Driver course
- 9/10 class participants changed at least one driving behavior due to what they learned
- 92% of course participants say they’d recommend the AARP Smart Driver course to a friend.
Many volunteer opportunities are available
Do you have a background in marketing or are you good at organizing and managing data? Many opportunities are available depending on your interests: course instructor, volunteer leader, marketing & recruitment specialist, data manager or tech advisor.
AARP Driver Safety Volunteer Tom Hirsch
“When I see [participants’] eyes light up or they’re nodding their heads in agreement [to something I said] that to me is very fulfilling. I have shared something with these folks that they would not have otherwise heard or learned [that] will help make their driving experience better and keep them and other folks on the road alive and well and safe.”
Find out more about AARP Driver Safety, and how you can join our volunteer team by visiting our website.