From job, health, and financial workshops, to community activities and fun events, there are many ways to connect with AARP in your community this summer. Here are few highlights:
Movie Picnic Night: Interested in watching a movie under the stars? Join us at Movie Picnic Night, the only FREE outdoor Chinese movie event in Los Angeles. There will be pre-show Mandarin pop-music, gourmet food trucks, and more. Don’t forget to bring your AARP card and stop by our booth to receive a free giveaway and learn how you can get involved in your community.
Movies will be shown every Saturday from July 8th through August 5th, starting at sundown (6:00 PM) in Alhambra Park, 500 N. Palm Ave., Alhambra, CA 91801.
- Our Times: July 8, 2017 (Chinese/Cantonese & English subtitles) – Register HERE.
- The Lego Movie: July 15, 2017 (English & Chinese subtitles) – Register HERE.
- Goodbye Mr. Loser : July 22, 2017 (Chinese/Mandarin & English subtitles) – Register HERE.
- The Secret Life of Pets: July 29, 2017 (English & Chinese subtitles) – Register HERE.
- The Grandmaster: August 5, 2017 (Chinese/Mandarin & English subtitles) – Register HERE.
TEK Workshops: Discover the world of mobile devices at our Intro to iPad/Android Phone/Tablets: Beginner Workshop. If you’re new to mobile technology or just need a refresher, this introductory course is a great starting point for texting, capturing photos, and using digital applications. Register HERE.
Already know the basics? Master your iPhone and iPad in the Beyond the Basics Workshop. This intermediate workshop will go over using maps, hands-free ways to type, sharing your photos, and utilizing Google Drive. Register HERE.
Empower yourself with the skills to identify and avoid the most common online scams in the Online Safety Workshop. This workshop will show you how to create strong passwords and protect yourself against “phishing” scams and identity theft. Register HERE.
Devices are provided for use during the workshops. All courses are offered at the Langley Center, AB Room, 400 W. Emerson Ave., Monterey Park, CA 91754 on August 10th, 2017.
CAREversations: Are you a caregiver looking for support and/or resources? Join us for CAREversations, a workshop that connects you with other family caregivers. A group facilitator will help guide your conversations around topics such as how to build a support network, tips on caring for yourself, and where to find local resources:
- August 20, 2017, 11:30-1:30 PM at the Chang'an Restaurant, 227 W. Valley Blvd., #358 Hilton Plaza Top Floor, San Gabriel, CA 91776 – Register HERE.
- August 23, 2017, 6:00-8:00 PM at the Luminarias Restaurant, 3500 W. Ramona Blvd., Monterey Park, CA 91754 – Register HERE.
Job Search in the Digital Age: Looking for a new job, but not sure where to start? This workshop will provide tips and online resources to help you to find a job and develop the skills needed in today’s workplace. Devices, snacks and parking are provided:
- August 26, 2017, 10:00 – 11:30 AM at the Langley Center - AB Room, 400 W. Emerson Avenue Monterey Park, CA 91754 – Register HERE.
- August 30, 2017, 6:00 – 7:30 PM at the Chang'an Restaurant, 227 W. Valley Blvd. #358 Hilton Plaza Top Floor, San Gabriel, CA 91776 – Register HERE.
For more information on these and other events, follow AARP California on Facebook and Twitter, or call us at 1-877-926-8300.