AARP Colorado would like to inform you of a professional staged reading of the groundbreaking play Still in the Game, part of a trilogy of plays on Aging in America written by Robert F. Benjamin.
- WHAT: Still in the Game is a comedy about important themes about aging. People will laugh while watching the performance, but it is a great conversation starter afterwards about important topics. The play looks at older adult romance, caregiving and what that all means, who is the best caregiver for someone, and how can we age and remain autonomous in making our own life decisions, including the decision about who is our caregiver. Finally, the play looks closely at older people communicating with their adult children about all of these topics in our families – how important it is to open that conversation. We encourage older people to come to the play with adult children, and laugh together, but then go talk about these themes.
- WHEN: Wednesday, May 16, from 7 – 9pm, includes the performance and a brief talkback immediately afterwards, led by the play director Angela Astle, founder of the Athena Project in Denver. The playwright will also be at the event, and people can meet them both.
- WHERE: Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center, Phillips Social Hall, 350 South Dahlia St., Denver 80246 (plenty of free parking). Most convenient parking and entrance are on lower level at Wolf Theater entrance.
- COST: $10.00 ticket cost, can pay at the door. SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS AVAILABLE for anyone who needs them. Please RSVP and tell us you have need for a free ticket. We want everyone interested to be able to attend. This scholarship offer extends to any agency staff too. We would love to have the caregiving community come, enjoy the performance, and be part of the dialogue.
- RSVP: Please RSVP to Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org (303-316-6324).
- MORE INFORMATION AT JCC WEBSITE: www.jccdenver.org/stillinthegame
- AGENCY PARTNERS IN PRODUCING STILL IN THE GAME: Kavod on the Road, Jewish Family Service, and Feldman Mortuary
- MAKE IT “AFFORDABLE DINNER AND THEATER NIGHT.” There’s a happy hour special on drinks and food that evening from 3-6pm at Next Door Restaurant, City Set Cherry Creek, 658 South Colorado Boulevard, Glendale 80246, (303) 757-0878. Sam’s No. 3 Glendale Restaurant has a $2.00 off discount on any $10.00 meal, 435 S. Cherry St., Glendale 80246, (303-333-4403). Both are very close to the JCC. Enjoy “dinner and theater night.”