The Florida Legislature concluded its Regular Session in May 2021, and AARP Florida is making it easier for you to track down how your state lawmakers voted on key issues important to older Floridians.
AARP Florida has released its 10th annual Legislative Voting Record, which includes detailed, vote-by-vote information on key legislation. During the Session, AARP alerted lawmakers that we would record and publish votes on particular legislation in the 2021 Voting Record. Because key legislative votes often occur at several stages during the long process of bill consideration, the voting record tracks final votes in legislative committees as well as in final actions by the full House and Senate.
Download your copy of the AARP Florida 2021 legislative voting record.
Some issues highlighted in the 2021 Voting Record include:
- Changes in voting procedures and requirements
- New dispute resolution programs impacting elders’ safety and autonomy
- Preventing exploitation of seniors
- Consumer protections
- Changes in nursing home care
- New “telemarketer” restrictions.