I would like to share a weekly series that has been helpful for me and many other AARP staff and volunteers: Water Cooler Wednesdays!!!
What is Water Cooler Wednesday?
Starting on July 22 for nine Wednesdays, from 1-2 pm, Water Cooler Wednesday is a time for volunteers and staff to share tips, strategies, and challenges around engaging volunteers virtually.
Planned topics include:
- July 22: What the tech are you talkin’ about? Engaging your team virtually
- July 29: Come out from where you are hiding – How to engage virtually with hesitant volunteers
- August 5: We need a few new recruits. Volunteer recruitment in the virtual space
- August 12: Welcome aboard in a virtual world Orientation and Onboarding
- August 19 - TBD
- August 26 -TBD
- September 2 - TBD
- September 9 - TBD
- September 16 - TBD
Future topics may include:
- There has been a change in plans - How to engage volunteers in planning
- You’re not on mute – volunteer-led presentations and DIY in the virtual world
- Getting Social – How to engage volunteers in social media
- Knock, knock or chime, chime – Advocacy goes virtual
To participate in one or more of the WCW series, you must register here
(or click here: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUsc-GrpzMjGNaOvpKkWrqceob_k2uBVaHI).
A zoom link will be provided when you register.