For Oklahoma's 490,000 family caregivers, caregiving is decidedly a labor of love, but the experience is stressful, isolating and has a real financial cost. According to AARP's Valuing the Invaluable report released earlier this year, Oklahoma family caregivers provide a staggering $6.6 billion in unpaid care.
Supporting family caregivers is a top priority for AARP Oklahoma. In an effort to support the backbone of Oklahoma's long-term care system, family caregivers, AARP Oklahoma offers free Family Caregiver Resource kits, which may be customized to your needs. The AARP Oklahoma Caregiver Resource kit includes:
- Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families -developed to help make the role of family caregiving more manageable
- Medicare Guide - provides a framework of how Medicare works and how caregivers and those in their care can make informed health coverage decisions.
- HomeFit - created to help people stay in the homes they love by turning where they live into a “lifelong home,” suitable for themselves and anyone in their household.
- Oklahoma Caregiver Resource Guide - will help you locate services and the support you need throughout your caregiving journey.
- AARP Military Caregiving Guide for Veterans, Service Members, and their Families - provides basic tips to help you through the caregiving journey.
Please complete the below information to receive your complimentary caregiver kit from AARP Oklahoma.
About AARP Oklahoma
Contact information and more from your state office. Learn what we are doing to champion social change and help you live your best life.