Grand Family Coalition is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides social activities, support groups, education and referrals for children at risk that have been left behind due to death, mental illness, military deployment or neglect and abandonment. Keeping these children from entering a foster home, “Kinship Families” (grandparents and other family members parties my contact Gail at 970-699-2837 or email@example.com
Title: Volunteer Staff:
We are currently looking for volunteer staff to assist the Executive director with day to day operations. This work can be done from home. However, meeting with the Executive Director on a weekly basis will be required. Attending monthly Steering Committees meetings or keeping up with assigned duties. This person will be being groomed for the Assistant Directors position that will become half time staff that will see to the day to day operations of the organization. The intent is to obtain funding for a paid position. Duties will include:
- Assist with the Newsletter, create fliers, arrange venues, respond to emails, attend activities.
- Assist with Grant writing: proficient writing skills is all that is need, no prior experience needed but helpful.
- Fundraising efforts. Writing letters to community business and agencies requesting financial support
- Must have own computer with Microsoft Office. Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in writing/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Motivated, self-starting attitude and reliable.
Title: Six Event volunteers needed. Self-motivated individuals
Date: September 8, 2018 and December 8, 2018
Grand Family Coalition provides two large social events a year. Our September event is an outdoor picnic at the Boyd Lake Sate Park in Loveland, CO. that celebrates Kinship Month and Grandparents Day. Our December event is held at St. Elizabeth Anne Seton Parish at 5400 S Lemay in Fort Collins, CO. This is our annual Holiday Party. These events are put on for the children that have been taken on by Kinship providers, grandparents, Aunts/Uncles and other family members. Duties for the events very, giving opportunity for a verity of interests. Duties include:
- Kitchen staff to assist with prep work, set up food and beverages, serve food and clean up. At the Holiday Party cooking the day before will be done including 5 turkey and 5 hams, scalloped potatoes etc.
- Event setup including picking up supplies from office and delivering to event. Setting up banners, games and craft tables for children. Setting up registration tables and greet participants. Clean up and repack small equipment and supplies, deliver back to office.
- Youth Activities Assist children with activities and crafts. Help with Tug of War and Photo Booth. Volunteers can also participate a month in advance in producing the activities needed by attending the Steering Committee Meetings.
- Fund Raising efforts go on all year long. One or two volunteers to reach out to community and promote GFC. We look for gifts to be donated to the children at the holiday party. Gloves, books, games, and backpacks and more.