Improving the Volunteer Portal user experience!
The Volunteer Portal – which launched in 2015 and has been utilized by more than 50,000 volunteers and 500 staff members – underwent a “facelift" on August 12. The update means fewer clicks, streamlined features, and easier access to the information volunteers and staff use every day!
What benefits will I experience?
- Simplified key tasks within each Volunteer Portal tab, including Manage Reimbursements, Volunteer Events, and Volunteer Hours (formerly Time Entry);
- Intuitive page layouts and navigation to make information easily visible on one page and reduce scrolling;
- Streamlined and integrated data entry forms for easier input with fewer fields on each page; and
- Mobile-friendly access to the Volunteer Portal. Tasks such as Reimbursements and Volunteer Hours can be easily entered and approved on a mobile device.
What is not changing?
- The log-in process is same;
- Volunteer Portal data, such as reports, records and documents, have note been impacted; and
- Key features, such as global search, and volunteer contact records, remain available and are more easily accessible.
Resources and Support
The Office of Volunteer Engagement is committed to ensuring that volunteers and staff are prepared to take full advantage of the updated Volunteer Portal. Volunteer Portal Champions, who are knowledgeable regarding the changes to the Volunteer Portal, will be available at various state offices to assist with questions and to provide guidance. Guidebooks and tips sheets are available to guide you through the updates in the Volunteer Portal. Click on the Need Help? tab on the left side of the page to view training resources, or contact the OVE Helpline at 1-866-740-7719.
The Office of Volunteer Engagement is hosting webinars throughout August to walk volunteers through an overview of the Volunteer Portal's new look and feel. There will also be webinars that focus on specific features within the Volunteer Portal, such as creating and managing volunteer events. Feel free to join at any of the below times by calling 1-866-215-3402 (toll free), entering the conference code 434 2146 and visiting https://aarp.webex.com/join/WGRIFFIN
- August 21, 11am ET or 2:30pm ET
- August 28, 11am ET or 3pm ET
To ensure the best user experience possible, the Volunteer Portal no longer supports the use of Internet Explorer web browsers. Users are encouraged to use another browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari, when accessing the Volunteer Portal. Review this guide for step-by-step instructions. If you need any further clarification, please contact the Volunteer Helpline at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-740-7719.
Volunteer Portal URL
Contact the Volunteer Helpline (1-866-740-7719) or your Volunteer Portal Champion.