March 16th Tele-Town Hall and Webinar on Fraud Prevention
- Location: Online and by Phone
- Description: Learn about the AARP Fraud Watch Network and how you can protect yourself from Identity Theft and fraud in our webinar which will be followed by a community tele-town hall. Special guest Karin Price Mueller author of the Star Ledger’s “Bamboozled” column will be joining us for this community discussion on fraud in the garden state.
- Date: March 16
- Time: 10am Webinar, 11am Tele-Town Hall
- To participate: RSVP at CVENT LINK. Information will be emailed to you a few days prior to March 16 with viewing/listening instructions.
April 1st Bilingual Fraud Watch Forum
- Location: Schuetzen Park, 3167 Kennedy Boulevard, North Bergen, NJ 07047
- Date: April 1st, 2016
- Time: 10:00am to 1:30pm
- Description: Did you know that every 2 seconds someone’s identity is stolen? That’s why AARP launched the Fraud Watch Network – to arm people of all ages with the tools they need to spot and avoid scams. Join us for a discussion about how to spot and avoid identity theft and fraud so you can protect yourself and your family. It’s free of charge for everyone – members, non-members, and people of all ages, so feel free to extend the invite to your friends and family! In addition to the forum presentations, participants will have the opportunity to learn about available services and programs by connecting with representatives of state and non-profit agencies. And, we invite you to bring your confidential personal documents (paper only) to be destroyed by a secure shredding company that will be on-site, at no cost to you! (No more than 2 boxes per person, please).
- RSVP: https://aarp.cvent.com/BilingualFraudWatchNJ or call 877-926-8300 (Participation is free but you must RSVP.)