AARP Eye Center
Do you know a volunteer age 50+ who is using his or her skills and experience to make a significant difference in your community?
Honor his or her dedication, commitment, and creativity with a nomination for the 2015 AARP Florida Andrus Award for Community Service -- AARP’s most prestigious and visible state volunteer award for community service.
The purpose of the award is to recognize outstanding individuals who are making a powerful difference in their communities in ways that advance AARP’s mission, vision, and commitment to volunteer service and that inspire others to volunteer.
Nominations for this year’s award will be accepted through July 3, 2015 at the AARP Florida office. Nomination forms are available on the web at www.aarp.org/AndrusAward or by calling 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277).
AARP Florida Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Nominee must be 50 years or older.
• The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
• The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and mission.
• Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
• This is not a posthumous award.
Nominations will be evaluated by AARP Florida office based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, supported AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced in early fall.