To be eligible to vote in Colorado, you must be:
- A U.S. Citizen
- 18 years of age
- A Colorado resident for at least 22 days before an election
- Not serving a sentence (including parole) or a felony conviction
Note: Residency for the purpose of voting means the principal or primary home of a person. You must have a residence in order to register to vote.
Acceptable Identification Forms
Voters who recently registered for the first time and are voting by mail are required to provide a photocopy of their identification.
When voting in person you will need one of the following types of identification:
- A valid Colorado driver's license
- A valid identification card issued by the Colorado Department of Revenue
- A valid U.S. passport
- A valid employee identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. government or Colorado, or by any Colorado county, municipality, board, authority, or other political subdivision of this state
- A valid pilot's license issued by the Federal Aviation Administration or other authorized agency of the United States
- A valid U.S. military identification card with photograph of the elector
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the elector. A cable bill, a telephone bill, documentation from a public institution of higher education in Colorado containing at least the name, date of birth, and residence address of the student elector, or a paycheck from a government institution are also sufficient forms of identification
- A valid Medicare or Medicaid card
- A certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate
- Certified documentation of naturalization
- A valid student identification card with a photograph of the eligible elector issued by an institute of higher education in Colorado.
- A valid veteran identification card issued by the United States department of veterans affairs veterans health administration with a photograph of the eligible election
- A valid identification card issued by a federally recognized tribal government certifying tribal membership
- In Person: Election Day
- By Mail: Received by Tuesday, October 14, 2014 Completed online at www.govotecolorado.com by Monday, October 27, 2014
Tuesday, November 4, 2014 (General Election)
For more information, contact the Colorado Secretary of State: 1700 Broadway, Suite 270, Denver, CO 80290. Phone: 303-894-2200.
Election Day Problems?
Call one of these hotlines:
1-888-VE-Y-VOTA (en Español)
All information above is from Vote411.org, in connection to the League of Women Voters and the Colorado Secretary of State.