Interested in giving back to your community and having fun? If so, we invite you to become part of AARP Driver Safety—a program that has helped millions of older drivers for over 30 years stay safe on the road.
Now, with our enhanced AARP Smart Driver™ Course, we're looking for classroom course instructors (English & Spanish) and other volunteers who want to help us make a difference. As an AARP Driver Safety volunteer, you'll feel good knowing you're making your community a safer place.
- Help keep your local roads safe
- Meet new people and learn new skills
- Training is easy and resources are 100% provided
- No special skills or AARP membership required
- Join a passionate group of individuals who are driven to save lives.
- Be a part of, and teach, an award-winning program that is growing nationwide.
- Enjoy numerous opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
- Represent your community as an AARP Driver Safety volunteer.
- Join a nationwide network of enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers.
- Meet and engage with members of your community and other volunteers in your area.
"It is rewarding to see students taking something away from the class that will keep them safer on the roads. It's good for my confidence as well as building their confidence in their driving ability."
– Instructor, New Jersey
We have AARP Driver Safety volunteer openings in New Jersey for:*
CarFit Volunteers: Become a CarFit Technician or CarFit Event Coordinator and help ensure drivers are safely and comfortably fit in their vehicle, and in control behind the wheel.
We Need to Talk Facilitators: Teach a free seminar designed to help families have conversations with their loved ones about when it's time to cease driving.
Coordinators: Manage AARP Driver Safety in a district, state or zone. Recruit and supervise instructors, plan and conduct instructor training workshops, and work with local sponsors.
Driver Safety Instructors (English & Spanish): Organize and teach classroom courses at community centers, libraries, hospitals and senior centers.