AARP Ketucky State Office is seeking nominations for the AARP Andrus Award for Community Service. The association's most prestigious volunteer tribute recognizes outstanding individuals age 50 and older who are sharing their experience, talents and skills to enrich the lives of others.
Nominations for the Andrus Awards for Community Service will be accepted through July 15, 2019.
Review the eligibility guidelines and submit your online nomination. “AARP Kentucky is excited to shine a light on Kentuckians 50-plus who are using what they’ve learned in life to make a difference in the lives around them,” said State President Charlotte Whittaker.
Nominations will be evaluated by AARP Kentucky based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, supported AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced in early fall.
AARP (State) Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
· Nominee must be 50 years or older.
· The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
· The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and purpose.
· The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must be replicable and provide inspiration for others to volunteer.
· Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
· This is not a posthumous award.
Please contact (AARP State Office name and contact information) for further information and a nomination form. The application deadline is July 15, 2019.