Schedule an AARP presentation
Does your community group need a speaker? AARP volunteers can deliver presentations on a variety of topics to groups of 25 or more almost anywhere in Kentucky. We can tailor the length of the talk to fit the group’s needs.
- Fraud (20-45 mins.) - AARP helps attendees protect themselves and their loved ones by looking at fraud trends and behavior; The Con Artist’s Play Book; prevention techniques and resources.
- Caregiving (20-45 mins.) - AARP will give an overview of available resources that may be of help to caregivers and walk through AARP’s Prepare to Care planning guide.
- Legislative Update (20-30 mins.) - AARP will discuss pending and recently passed legislation in both Frankfort and Washington DC that impacts people over the age of 50.
- Social Security (20-45 mins.) - AARP will give a brief history of Social Security and cover some of the basics of the program including characteristics of the current recipients, funding mechanisms and the financial issues concerning the program.
- Protect Medicare (20 to 30 minutes) - AARP will conduct a workshop that briefly discusses the Basics of Medicare – an overview of the different parts of Medicare, what is covered and the costs, and your Medicare Choices – an overview of the different types of Medicare plans.
“These presentations are a fun way to learn about issues that matter to Kentuckians age 50-plus,” said Tihisha Rawlins, AARP state outreach director. To schedule a talk, complete and return our Speaker Request Form .