The AARP Andrus Award for Community Service recognizes individuals who are sharing their experience, talent, and skills to enrich their communities. Recognize a deserving volunteer in New Jersey today! The nomination deadline is July 15, 2019.
Legacy Of Service
AARP’s commitment to volunteer service can be traced back to our founder, Dr. Ethel Percy Andrus, whose motto “to serve, not to be served” has shaped our community service efforts at the national, state, and local levels. Each year, AARP honors the legacy of Dr. Andrus with the AARP New Jersey Andrus Award for Community Service.
About the Andrus Award for Community Service
The Andrus Award for Community Service is AARP’s most prestigious and visible volunteer award. It recognizes individuals who are sharing their experience, talent and skills to enrich their communities in ways that are consistent with AARP’s purpose, vision, and commitment to volunteer service, and that inspire others to volunteer. Only one New Jersey volunteer (or couple performing service together) can receive the Award.
Award Eligibility Guidelines
Nominees for the Award must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominees must be 50 years or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and purpose.
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which the nomination is based must be replicable and provide inspiration for others to serve.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- The recipient must live in New Jersey.
- This is not a posthumous award.
Who Can Nominate?
Nominations for the Award may be submitted by AARP members, volunteers, chapter or unit members, community partners and members of the public at large.
Submit your nomination today!
You can access on the online nomination form HERE. The nomination deadline is July 15.