AARP Eye Center
Help us create positive change for North Dakotans 50 and older!
Join the A-Team
By joining the Advocacy Team (fondly known as the A-Team), a diverse group of volunteers playing a key role in the AARP's mission to lead positive social change, you might:
- Work alongside staff to educate and advocate for issues important to our members
- Participate in monthly calls and regular face-to-face meetings to stay informed about AARP-led state and federal advocacy efforts
- Join staff to visit local, state and federally elected officials to discuss the benefits of legislation or policies
- Write letters to the editor
- Participate in and track issues during the legislative sessions
- Train other members to participate in the process.
If you’re interested in finding out more or becoming a member of the A-Team, please contact Janelle Moos, Advocacy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-390-0161.
All Things Advocacy Legislative Updates
Every Friday during the ND 68th Legislative Session we'll be letting you know what happened, what's coming and how YOU can take action to make progress on our priorities.
Watch here Fridays at 2:30 p.m. through the end of April.
Become an AARP Activist
Sign up to become an AARP Activist, and you'll receive the AARP Advocate, a free monthly e-newsletter; e-mail action alerts on the issues you care about; and the latest news on Congress and the White House.
More information on Advocacy in ND: