Help us create positive change for North Dakotans 50 and older!
Join the A-Team
By joining the Advocacy Team (fondly known as the A-Team), a diverse group of volunteers playing a key role in the AARP's mission to lead positive social change, you might:
- Work alongside staff to educate and advocate for issues important to our members
- Participate in monthly calls and regular face-to-face meetings to stay informed about AARP-led state and federal advocacy efforts
- Join staff to visit local, state and federally elected officials to discuss the benefits of legislation or policies
- Write letters to the editor
- Participate in and track issues during the legislative sessions
- Train other members to participate in the process.
If you’re interested in finding out more or becoming a member of the A-Team, please contact Janelle Moos, Advocacy Director, at email@example.com or 701-390-0161.
AARP On Tap
Our monthly gathering is a chance to look at the road ahead with AARP-ND volunteer state president Kathi Schwan. Every third Friday in 2022 at 11:30 a.m. (CST) we touch on three big questions:
- Do you pay too much for your prescriptions?
- Does your community have what you need to stay independent?
- Do you know where to vote this year?
Learn more and register here.
Become an AARP Activist
Sign up to become an AARP Activist, and you'll receive the AARP Advocate, a free monthly e-newsletter; e-mail action alerts on the issues you care about; and the latest news on Congress and the White House.
More information on Advocacy in ND: