Español The AARP survey, entitled “California Dreaming…or Struggling: Gen X and Boomer Financial Security,” reveals that for the most part Californians are not ready for retirement and it is largely due to housing related expenses. AARP California wants to help you take control of your finances. We are sharing DIY tips and tools bi-weekly on social media to help you save more or begin to save. Here is a summary of what was shared in November!
CUT COSTS NOW
Many Californians are feeling financially squeezed. According to survey results, one in four respondents feel they are either just getting by or finding it difficult to get by financially. Do you need help getting your finances under control?
- See how you can reduce costs of holiday meals HERE
- Know what impacts your credit score/rating HERE
- Learn how you can reduce the financial stress of college debts HERE
REDUCE HOUSING EXPENSES
Housing costs have never been more expensive in California. Growing expenses are putting pressure on families and individuals, particularly older working people who want to retire but fear they can’t afford to remain in the state. The “CA Dreaming or Struggling” survey revealed 61% of respondents have considered leaving California and living somewhere else due to the high cost of living. Are you in the same boat?
- Know how reverse mortgages can impact you HERE
- Learn about the financial and physiological benefits of cohousing HERE
SAVE FOR THE FUTURE
According to the “CA Dreaming or Struggling” survey, many respondents don’t have money to save for retirement after paying for housing costs and other expenses. As a result over half of survey respondents are worried that they will not have enough money to retire comfortably. Is the thought of your financial future stressing you out?
- See what it will take to reach your investment goal HERE
- Know if you are making the right financial move by paying off your credit cards with savings HERE
- Learn about and plan for future health costs HERE
Learn more about the #CADreamingorStruggling survey findings by visiting, aarp.org/cadreamingorstruggling. Also, be on the lookout for our December tips, tools and quizzes to help you achieve your California dream! Make sure to follow @AARPCA on Twitter and @AARPCalifornia on Facebook.