Looking for that perfect internship opportunity? AARP Maryland has several paid internship opportunities in 2014 for the right student.
Right now, AARP Maryland is seeking an undergraduate student for a paid legislative advocacy internship. The intern must have completed at least 60 credit hours and have a GPA of 3.5 or above. We need to have the intern selected ASAP.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A working knowledge of the legislative process and an interest in learning government relations/affairs;
- The ability to interact with legislators and grassroots groups to promote the AARP MD agenda; and
- Be personable, organized, and capable of mastering details of public policy issues.
The AARP Maryland Legislative Advocacy Intern will:
- Track and monitor legislation;
- Prepare and edit testimony and help with distribution;
- Contact and interact with volunteers on legislative issues AARP is supporting;
- Contact and interact with legislators and legislative staff;
- Conduct research about legislation; and
- Prepare agendas for lobby days and assist with coordinating the activities during lobby day.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Christy Page, at email@example.com.