On Friday, November 6, 2015 and Saturday November 14, 2015, AARP New Jersey held “Financial Freedom” workshops for New Jerseyans looking to increase their savings and plan for retirement.
At both events, AARP New Jersey welcomed Certified Financial Planner Pablo Bianchi, who spoke about how attendees can improve their quality of life by investing in their financial futures now.
There are several things you can do right now to plan for retirement:
- Consult a Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Budget, budget, budget
- Reduce spending
- Reduce and manage debt
- Know your credit score! Call (877) 322-8228 or go to www.AnnualCreditReport.com to get your FREE credit report
- If you have a pension, know the rules for receiving upon retirement age
- If you don’t have access to a 401(k) or you have maxed out your contributions, consider opening an IRA or Roth IRA
- Utilize retirement planning resources at AARP.com; the retirement calculator can help you determine how much your contributions might amount to at retirement (www.AARP.org/money)
Find valuable resources to help you achieve financial security at www.AARP.org/ReadyForRetirement.
About AARP States
AARP is active in all 50 states and Washington, DC, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Connect with AARP in your state.