Are you someone with strong leadership and interpersonal skills and have a knack for strategic planning and public speaking? AARP California is looking for you! We’re searching for a volunteer leader to serve as our State President. AARP is a non-profit, non-partisan membership organization focused on helping people 50+ live their best lives and discover their real possibilities. To learn more about AARP, visit www.aarp.org.
We’re seeking an individual to partner with the State Director to help achieve the Association’s vision, mission, and strategic priorities and serve as Chair of the AARP California Executive Council. The Council, in collaboration with State Director and staff, develops the framework for the state’s strategic plan and implements activities in the areas of Financial Resilience, Health, Age-Friendly Communities, and Technology. We have more than 37 million members nationwide with more than 3.1 million members in California.
- Has a record of achievement in either community service or their professional careers
- Has knowledge and a passion for at least one of AARP’s priority issues (Financial Resilience, Health, Age-Friendly Communities, and Technology) and a willingness to take a leadership role on that issue
- Has an extensive network with key California leaders in government, public, and private sectors
- Is able to manage, motivate, and challenge our volunteer Executive Council and other volunteers
- Is a strong public speaker
- Is willing to take a leadership role in strengthening our volunteer corps, including National Programs, and encourage increased member engagement
- Is capable of developing a strong working partnership with the State Director (Staff Partner) and other Executive Council members
- Is competent in working with diverse/multicultural communities
The time commitment is flexible and offers variation. Some in state and out of state travel is required and expenses are reimbursable. This is a two-year term position with the option to renew twice. If you’re eager to make a positive and powerful impact in the lives of many people, or you know a perfect candidate, we invite you to apply and email the application to email@example.com . You can also contact us at 1-866-448-3615 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more questions.
Want to stay updated with events in your community? Sign up for our email list and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay informed!