Join AARP Virginia for a Volunteering Open House!
AARP Virginia’s team of Community Ambassadors serves communities throughout the commonwealth in many ways. From representing AARP at various community events to presenting educational programs and workshops throughout the commonwealth, AARP Virginia volunteers are implementing AARP’s Purpose every day: T o empower people to choose how they live as they age.
You'll learn all the different ways you can volunteer with AARP Virginia to help enhance the quality of life for all as we age. We will have current volunteers onsite with staff to tell their stories of what it’s like to be an AARP Virginia volunteer and to answer any questions you may have.
Below are just a few of the volunteer opportunities we offer:
- Livable Communities: The Home Fit Workshop provides information to participants on how to decide what type of home modifications are needed to stay in their home as they age.
- Protect Yourself from Fraud and Identity Theft: Con artists don’t care how hard you worked. They steal billions from Americans like you every year. We’re fighting back with the AARP Fraud Watch Network.
- Prepare to Care: Caring for a loved one can be a rewarding experience, but it can also be challenging. AARP’s Prepare to Care workshop provides you with information and resources to help you better care for yourself and the ones you love.
- Dinner Groups: AARP Virginia organizes Dinner Groups throughout the state as a way for our members to enjoy getting to know one another without the pressure of a program or campaign in the background.
- Financial Security: AARP Virginia offers Financial Security workshops to provide tools and information to help people make effective financial and health-related retirement decisions.
AARP Virginia Volunteer Open House
Friday, February 17 from 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
George Mason Library, 7001 Little River Turnpike
REGISTER HERE: https://aarp.cvent.com/VAOpenHouse21717 Or call 1-877-926-8300.
Registration ends February 14th at midnight. Space is limited! A complimentary Continental breakfast will provided.
If you are unable to attend this Open House, but are interested in learning more about volunteering with AARP Virginia, please contact Natalie Snider at 804-344-3063 or email@example.com.