AARP Eye Center
The RAFT Dementia Support Program is designed to meet the needs of individuals living with dementia and their family caregivers in their homes and provide education, training and support.
Families and professional caregivers can take advantage of this new program to learn essential skills to successfully manage the illness and accompanying challenging behaviors, be connected to community resources, and develop an action plan to prevent crises. The goal is to decrease the distress experienced by individuals living with dementia, as well as their family and caregivers.
In addition to direct training and support to families, the RAFT Dementia Support Program provides free training for professionals, organizations, and community groups on dementia.
- Prince William
- Resident of one of the program services areas
- 65 years of age or older
- Diagnosis of dementia or exhibiting symptoms of dementia with behaviors
- History of psychiatric hospitalization or at risk of psychiatric hospitalization
- Living in the community in their homes, or the homes of family members or other caregivers
Making a Referral is Easy!
Anyone can make a referral to request education and training from the RAFT Dementia Support Program. Referrals can come from individual family members, government agencies, home health care agencies, senior centers, adult day care, hospitals and any other organizations working with older adults. You can make a referral on this website*.
* This is not an AARP program. The information you share shall be governed by the host organization's privacy policies.