WHY: Millions of seniors in our nation live at or below the poverty line. Help provide a hot meal on a cold day and remind thousands of seniors in need that the community has not forgotten them.
HOW IT WORKS: Collect soup through your church or organization. During the week of February 4–8, 2019, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., take the collection to a drop off site in your area.
MAIN DROP OFF SITE:
- Church of St. Peter and St. Paul 4909 North Lake Dr., Roanoke (just off Peters Creek Road)
OTHER DROP OFF SITES:
- All Freedom First Credit Union locations
- All Bank of Fincastle locations
- Vistar Eye Centers
- 3320 Franklin Road, Roanoke
- 70 Summerfield Court, Roanoke
- 426 West Main Street, Salem For more information about donating or volunteering, call 540-345-0451 or visit www.loaa.org.
Some of the non-perishable food items our elderly neighbors need (no glass containers, please):
- Canned Meats (such as tuna)
- Canned Vegetables
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Fruit
- Carnation Instant Breakfast
Low salt, nutritious items are preferred.