AARP Eye Center
Honolulu-based volunteer leaders met at the AARP state office today to discuss priorities and plan activities for the year ahead.
A brief sampling of events to look forward to:
- Ready for Retirement – events will familiarize residents with AARP’s free retirement decision-making tools and help you make effective personal retirement decisions related to accumulating savings, claiming Social Security, and managing resources in retirement.
- Health Care Law – events will help you understand what the Affordable Care Act means for you and your family and make informed decisions about your health care.
- Long-Term Care – at the state Legislature, volunteer advocates will fight to ensure that residents have access to affordable and quality services in the setting of their choice – especially in their homes and communities.
- Complete Streets – volunteers will work to ensure implementation of Honolulu’s Complete Streets law - meeting with members of the City Council and working with the Department of Transportation Services.
- Tax-Aide – more than 250 volunteers throughout the state are poised to assist residents with filing state and federal tax returns beginning February 1.
- Driver Safety – volunteers will teach courses aimed at helping Hawaii motorists keep driving skills sharp.
- Shredding Events – community shredding events will help residents protect their financial security and prevent identity theft.
Check with us regularly for details on upcoming events. Anyone wishing to join AARP Hawaii’s volunteer team is invited to contact the state office at 808-545-6006.
AARP is your ally for life’s possibilities. We're committed to saving you money and fighting on issues that matter to you and your family.