Protect yourself from identity theft by joining AARP Wyoming for its Shred event at the Young at Heart Senior Center in Rock Springs on Aug. 3. Start your morning off at the Young at Heart Senior Center with a Sensational Skillet breakfast, with toast, juice, and coffee from 7:30 am to 1:00 pm.
After breakfast, step outside and shred your confidential documents. Wyodata Shredding Service will be available from 8 am to noon. Bring your box of documents, and leave your worries behind.
To pre-register for breakfast and your place in line at the shredder, click here or go to: http://www.cvent.com/events/aarp-wy-breakfast-and-shredding-rock-springs-wy-8-03-18/event-summary-6ca94516385b46e29d74c2e4490a04ff.aspx.
To avoid having your sensitive information compromised, security experts recommend shredding of the following types of materials:
- Old documents: Papers that carry your Social Security number, birth date, signature, account numbers, passwords or PINs.
- Banking: Canceled or unused checks. Shred deposit slips and ATM and credit card receipts, once you receive your monthly statements.
- Credit Cards: Pre Approved credit card applications and incentive/gift checks from credit card companies.
- Medical: unneeded medical bills.
- Investments: Investment account statements.
- Obsolete ID cards: Expired driver’s licenses, medical insurance cards, and passports.
# # #
AARP is the nation’s largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to empowering Americans 50 and older to choose how they live as they age. With nearly 38 million members and offices in every state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and advocate for what matters most to families with a focus on health security, financial stability and personal fulfillment. AARP also works for individuals in the marketplace by sparking new solutions and allowing carefully chosen, high-quality products and services to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation publications, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin. To learn more, visit www.aarp.org or follow @AARP and @AARPadvocates on social media.