Jacksonville, Fla. — AARP is offering an innovative new approach to helping people 50+ find trusted tips and tactics to deal with the life choices facing everyone age 50+ — and it’s getting its start in Jacksonville.
It’s called AARP Jacksonville’s Boomer Academy series. Designed to help Jacksonville residents age 50-67 navigate the choices facing everyone age 50+, Boomer Academy bring together AARP members or anyone who wants to learn about an important issue with trusted experts who can give you information to help you sort through life choices. The key is that the experts presenting information aren’t there only to sell you a specific product, service or point of view — they’re knowledgeable guides who want to offer accurate information. Boomer Academy events in 2014 offer information on important life matters that you are faced with, such as:
- Life Reimagined – A new AARP initiative, Life Reimagined provides you with tools, activities and support to help you connect with life’s possibilities. Start a business, reboot your career, connect with a lifelong passion — whatever your dream, Life Reimagined can help you get started on making it a reality.
- Social Security 101 – Learn when to apply, how it works and what you need to know to make the most of the benefits you’ve earned.
- Boomer Law – Advance Directive planning: Why and the importance of the durable power of attorney, health care surrogates, living wills, mental health directives and preneed guardian directives.
- Fraud Watch Network – This “class” highlights AARP’s new initiative, giving you access to information about how to protect yourself and your family and safeguard your financial future from con artists and scammers with tips and resources.
- Homefit – An AARP-trained occupational therapist will share a collection of home related information and tips that can help you keep your home in top form for comfort, safety and many years of livability
Boomer Academy events are free (though registration is required) and refreshments will be provided. The next Boomer Academy event is a Life Reimagined Life Checkup event March 27. Join us! To register, go to: