You are invited to the Peninsula Seniors and Law Enforcement Together (S.A.L.T.) Council 23rd Annual Senior Safety Summit on Tuesday, October 16, 2018, from 8:00 am – 1:00 pm. This year’s theme is “Situational Awareness: Seniors Stay Alert”
The event will take place at the Northside Christian Church, 1300 George Washington Memorial Highway, Yorktown, VA 23693. Join us for a morning filled with information, exhibits, entertainment, and door prizes.
There will also be free on-site document shredding located in the church parking lot located at the front of the church from 7:30 – 10:30 am. Protect yourself from identity theft by bringing your sensitive documents and mail to have them professionally shredded.
- Crimes against the elderly – Benjamin Hahn, Commonwealth’s Attorney, York County
- How to prepare for and respond during and after an active shooter incident – Vanessa Torres, Community Outreach Specialist, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Norfolk Field Office.
- A Safer Hampton Roads – Lt. Scott Keller and Crystal Bethea, Hampton Police Department
- Senior Fire and Fall Prevention Tips – Roxanne Kohlman, Public Educator, Prevention Bureau Newport News Fire Department
- Seniors and Opioid Misuse and Abuse – William Shackleford, Community Outreach Coordinator, VA Office of Attorney General
Registration fee is $3, includes continental breakfast and lunch. You can set up an account and register online at http://recreation.yorkcounty.gov or print and use the attached registration brochure form. Deadline to register is October 9, 2018. For more information call 757-890-3500. Once filled out, please mail form and payment to:
County of York
Attn: Parks & Recreation
P.O. Box 532
Yorktown, VA 23690
This event did reach capacity last year so we encourage you to register now! If you have any questions please call 757-890-3500.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Sent on behalf of the Peninsula Seniors and Law Enforcement Together (S.A.L.T) Council