-- The following is a guest blog by Kate Emery, founder and CEO of reSET, The Social Enterprise Trust --
- Are you at a point in your life where you are yearning for more meaning and purpose in your work?
- Do you want to wake up each morning with a sense of enthusiasm and excitement about how your time and energy is spent attending to the issues you care about?
- Would you like to step back and clarify the gifts you bring to the world by assessing your natural abilities, personal qualities and interests and learn how the skills you have been honing for years are transferable into a different and satisfying kind of work?
- Would you like to enhance your retirement experience by holding purpose and profit with equal value to create a meaningful livelihood?
- Are you interested in learning about reSET, The Social Enterprise Trust, which helps people learn how everything they know can be used for good - and that purpose and profitability can go hand in hand?
If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, then a new social enterprise workshop, SPARKSETTER: Next Act Impact, being made possible via a partnership between AARP Connecticut and reSET, The Social Enterprise Trust might be for you!
“Next Act Impact” is geared toward people over age 50 who are thinking about the next stage of their lives and are looking to make a positive impact. It is ideal for anyone who is already retired or who is thinking of retiring and looking to have this next chapter be about giving back while doing something new and exciting. Participants will learn how to channel and combine their passions, experience and skills to create businesses that help solve local or global issues.
The workshop is a 3-part series held at the reSET Business Factory at 1429 Park Street in Hartford on September 24, October 1, and October 8. The cost for the workshop is $325, but AARP is covering the cost for the first 10 AARP members who register to attend for free. Interested parties are encouraged to attend one of the free, 2-hour introductory sessions being held at reSET on August 27 and September 17, 2015 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m..
Find out more about “Next Act Impact” here. To register for the 3-part series, click here (AARP members use discount code "ADC").
# # #
See also: How to Reimagine Your Life, One Small Step at a Time