AARP is now accepting nominations for its 2015 Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors an outstanding Connecticut volunteer who is sharing their experience, talent, and skills to enrich the lives of their community members.
AARP Connecticut will donate $3000 on behalf of the Andrus winner to an eligible non-profit organization of their choosing.
“AARP Connecticut is excited to shine a spotlight on state residents age 50 and over who are using what they’ve learned in life to make a difference in the lives around them,” said AARP State Director, Nora Duncan. “If you know an outstanding volunteer who is doing exceptional work in your community, please consider nominating them for this prestigious award.”
The AARP State Andrus Award for Community Service is an annual awards program developed to honor individuals whose service is a unique and valuable contribution to society. The award is named for AARP founder, Ethel Percy Andrus. Last year, AARP recognized 51 outstanding individuals from around the country, including Connecticut’s winner, Dr. Pauline Olsen of Farmington, CT.
2015 nominations will be evaluated by AARP Connecticut based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, supported AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The application deadline is June 2, 2015. The award recipient will be announced this summer.
AARP Connecticut Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Nominee must be 50 years or older. They do not have to be an AARP member.
• The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
• The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and mission.
• Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
• This is not a posthumous award.
Submit a nomination online. For additional information, please contact Elaine Werner at email@example.com or call 1-866-295-7279.