AARP Eye Center
AARP Kentucky 2021 Lobby Week
It’s time to go virtual! Given all the COVID-19 pandemic challenges, the need to protect the health and financial security of Kentuckians 50+, is more important than ever. Here are three action steps you need to take during—and in preparation for—AARP Kentucky Lobby Week:
- Register now for Lobby Week Advocacy and Grassroots Trainings, HERE.
- Our volunteer leaders and staff have two virtual training opportunities in advance of Lobby Week (Choose One: Feb. 2 or Feb. 4).
- These virtual Zoom training sessions details are included with your completed registration.
- Prepare and connect with to your legislators. More details on "How To" engage lawmakers in advocates' training session.
- Learn more about AARP Kentucky 2021 Legislative Agenda
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our traditional AARP Day at the Capitol is going virtual rather than in person to help keep us safe at home. AARP Kentucky will be bringing together volunteers, community teams, members and chapter members for a Virtual Lobby Week as we talk with lawmakers about making life better for Kentuckians 50+.
Volunteers can help by monitoring the 30-day session and engaging their lawmakers remotely in support of AARP Kentucky’s legislative priorities.
These include: lowering prescription drug prices, eliminating health care disparities, financial security in retirement, supporting unpaid family caregivers, increasing independent living options, and affordable high-speed internet access for all Kentuckians.
Download Activists' Resources for 2021 Lobby Week
✅ 2021 Key Legislative Priorities - AARP KY Priority Legislation - One Page
✅ AARP KY Nursing Home Dashboard - Update
✅ AARP KY Rx Costs Infographic
✅ AARP KY Virtual Lobby Week Volunteer Checklist
✅ Success with Your Zoom Meetings - Tips, Tricks and More