It usually starts small – perhaps running a few errands or preparing some meals. Maybe you don’t even see yourself as a caregiver yet. Sometime the changes can be sudden and dramatic. But as your loved ones age, they may need more help. And, perhaps you will too. A little planning ahead can make a big difference in your life. Join AARP Oregon and community partners for upcoming educational forums to help maximize future independence and quality of life.
Presentations from the Thinking & Preparing Ahead Forums:
- Ann McQueen, Ph.D., APD - AMcqueen Thinking ahead Social Relationships and Wellbeing
- Sandy Grzeskowiak, AARP - SGrzeskowiak Thinking ahead HomeFit
- Jenny Cokeley, OHCC - JCokeley Thinking Ahead Choosing a caregiver
- Kathy Belcher, JD, McGinty and Belcher - KBelcher Thinking ahead Planning for Incapacity
- Vicki Schmall, Ph. D., VSchmall Thinking Ahead Keynote
- Ginny Saunders, LivaAble Design - GHarris Thinking Ahead Homes Reimagined
- Twila Jacobsen, LCOG, SDS - TJacobsen Thinking Ahead Local Supports
Are you a family caregiver?
If you currently provide care for an aging loved one, expect to do so in the next few years, or if you are concerned about your own future, this FREE program will give you the information, resources and services that are available in your community. As our loved ones age, they may need more help in the home in order to age in place. It can be a struggle to maintain independence. Find the resources that are available to help, and how to navigate the system.
We will help answer these questions:
- What are your options when someone requires daily assistance?
- What sorts of support and resources are available locally?
- What can you do to plan ahead?
- Are you taking care of yourself?
WHAT: Thinking & Preparing Ahead
A FREE educational forum presented by AARP and community partners.
WHEN: Saturday, March 7, 2015 9 a.m. to Noon (Check in 8:30 a.m.)
WHERE: Chemeketa Event Services
Riesling Chardonnay & Merlot Room
215 Doaks Ferry Road, NW, Salem, OR 97304
WHEN: Saturday, March 14, 2015 9 a.m. to Noon (Check in 8:30 a.m.)
WHERE: Holiday Inn Eugene-Springfield
919 Kruse Way, Springfield, OR 97477
You can also register by caling 1-877-926-8300 toll free.
Please bring a can of food and help fight hunger.