AARP Eye Center
Hi blog readers - it's Heather back with your health care post for the week. With the March 31st health insurance deadline approaching, I thought I would take this opportunity to do a wrap up of some of the health care law information we have shared over the last few months.
March 31st is right around the corner!
So, why does that date matter to you? If you're one of the millions of Americans without health insurance, you have until March 31st to enroll in a health plan via the Marketplace that was set up by the Affordable Care Act (a.k.a. Obamacare). In Illinois, our Marketplace is called Get Covered Illinois. If you don't enroll by March 31, 2014, you won't be able to enroll again until October 2014 - and you could be penalized come tax time for not having health insurance.
- Still on the fence about purchasing health insurance? Check out our Top Ten Reasons to Sign Up for Health Insurance.
- Curious about the tax implications of the new health care law? Check out Uncle Sam and the New Health Care Law.
- Wondering what benefits are provided by health insurance plans in the Marketplace? Check out the 10 Essential Health Benefits of the New Health Care Law.
- Need help understanding the new health care law? Check out our slideshow!
- Own a small business and wondering how the health care law will impact you? This article has you covered.
- On Medicare? Check out how the new health care law impacts Medicare and Medicare Part D.
- Don't know where to start? Check out AARP Health Law Answers.
Until next week.....be healthy!